Personal data refers to all types of personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information. Personal information refers to “any information, whether or not recorded in any form, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can reasonably and/or directly be ascertained by the entity holding the information, or, when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual”.
II. PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
A. Why do we collect your personal data?
To enable us to comply with our corporate policies in relation to data subjects as well as with the requirements under the Data Privacy Act, it is important that we collect, use, store and retain your personal data only as is reasonable and necessary for a declared and specific purpose stated in the pertinent consent forms.
In general, we are using your data for any of the following purposes:
- Supply you with information about the products and services we are offering which may be of interest to you;
- Perform functions necessary for us to deliver the services, goods and other products we offer you;
- Provide customer care activities, monitor our quality and security, and provide services timely and efficiently;
- Respond to specific complaints, enquiries, requests or manage future interactive user function it may be necessary to ask for your personal information;
- Fulfill any orders placed through the site including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations;
- Perform processes related with security monitoring and CCTV Surveillance to ensure safety and security of all office guests, staffs and other visitors.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements or obligations; and,
- Perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations.
In addition, from the general uses mentioned above, we may use your personal information depending on your transactions with us in any of the following means:
A) When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site:
- To address and respond to your product inquiries and complaints from our digital platform;
- To fulfill your product orders with us;
- To monitor your activities and purchases;
- To serve as a reference and to process your billings;
- To serve as a source for analysis in granting credit limit;
- To serve as reference for our targeted advertising or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you;
- To monitor constantly customers and transactional records to identify unauthorized transactions and fraudulent accounts and orders;
- To identify and trace any suspicious and high-risk transactions which includes determining if there is improper activity involved and verification of identity;
- To conduct internal market research and measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns;
- To perform any other action as may be necessary to implement the terms and conditions of our contract.
B) When you want to become a part of our team:
- To consider and evaluate your suitability for employment and, with a written or expressed consent, retain your personal information for a maximum of 10 years upon separation with the company;
- When hired, to process your data necessary for your employment such as, but not limited to, payroll, benefits and loan application, allowances and refunds processing, tax processing, retirement benefits, and other purposes that demand processing of your personal data (e.g., to execute business transactions directly related and/or incidental to your job, business travels, anniversaries, social activities, emergencies, and so on);
- Encode your data in our Salarium system;
- While employed, for your performance evaluation and career development including seminars, trainings, workshops, and compliance monitoring;
- To comply with our obligations under the law and as required by government organizations such as DOLE, BIR, SSS, HDMF and Phil Health; and,
- Upon separation, to process your data for the exit interview and preparation of your final pay.
B. What type of personal data do we collect?
We collect information to provide you with details and information regarding our product, services, and promotions. We process information also to respond to your enquiries or manage future interactive user function. The common type of data collected by Art of Scent from you, generally includes the following:
- Personal information such as full name, provincial and billing/shipping addresses, e-mail address, telephone, other personal contact numbers, IP address and time zones;
- Sensitive personal information such as birth date, age, citizenship, civil status, gender, health, education and government issued identification document which includes, but not limited to government issued identity cards (ID), licenses, Credit card information;
- Employment record such as educational background, employment history, certifications, trainings attended, income information of your previous jobs, reason for leaving your previous job; and
- Biometric information such as fingerprints, full-face photographs, and any comparable images.
You are responsible for ensuring that all data, whether personal information, sensitive personal information or privileged information, you submit to Art of Scent is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
C. How we collect, acquire or generate your data?
We collect data when you:
- Fill out our forms such as: Information sheet, Performance evaluation form and employee goal form;
- Disclose your personal information through SMS disclose your personal information through phone calls, emails, SMSs or verbal communication with our authorized representatives;
- Disclose your personal information through Kalibrr and Indeed;
- Visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device such as cookies and IP address; and,
- Make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect your name, billing address, shipping address, and payment information and credit card numbers and valid IDs.
D. Who we share your personal data with?
As a general rule, we are not allowed to share your data to third party except in limited circumstances as listed below.
By giving your consent, you authorize Art of Scent to disclose your personal data to accredited/affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, whether local or foreign in any of the following circumstances:
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by or under law (such as for criminal investigation, as requested by court of law).
This means we might provide your personal data to the following:
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors;
- Law enforcement and government agencies;
As you interact and navigate through our site, such as clicking on the links, viewing pages and site content and other similar actions and statistics about your site interaction. We automatically capture certain information from your computer such as cookies and web beacons, which are also collected by our third party tracking for analytics and advertising purposes.
We associate with third party ad networks and ad servicing providers that provides advertising campaigns on behalf of us. Advertisements includes those which might be appeal to you, and are tailored to your interest based on the information we have collected from you.
Cookies and web beacons are small files that our website puts on your personal computer (PC) to store information about your preferences. If you don't want our website to store cookies and web beacons on your PC, you can block it. We use this information for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to, site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive cookies or you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive cookies. Click on the "Help" section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this website.
From time to time, we monitor constantly customers and transactional records to identify unauthorized transactions and fraudulent accounts and orders. We will request customers to submit necessary documents for identity verification and to proceed with their purchases.
Customer’s transaction will automatically be cancelled, should he/she fail to provide us with the necessary documents.
V. DATA PROTECTION
- We keep and protect your personal data using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and physical security controls.
- We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
- Any personal data that you provide on the website is initially processed and stored by Art of Scent. Using a secured connection, only authorized Art of Scent personnel can then access and download your personal data from the system.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign-off when finished using a shared computer.
VI. DATA RETENTION
The personal data will be kept in our facilities located in the Philippines, US, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore and in accordance with the retention standard as listed below unless you request your personal data to be deleted in our systems, databases and hardcopies immediately. Once deleted, your personal data will no longer be searchable or included in anonymous searches and will be completely removed from all the storage location.
Art of Scent reserves the right to retain your personal data in our files located in the Philippines, US, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore under certain circumstances such as when your personal data may be necessary to resolve disputes, or if Art of Scent is required to do so by law or in the good faith; provided that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation and/or protect and defend the rights or property of Art of Scent or its affiliates. If Art of Scent is required to retain any portion of your personal data for such purposes, it shall use reasonable efforts to limit such data to what is necessary to accomplish the particular purpose.
VIII. YOUR DATA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Our contact details are as follows:
Data Protection Officer
Art of Scent
You may also lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission (NPC). For further details, please refer to NPC’s website: https://privacy.gov.ph/mechanics-for-complaints.
Our decisions to provide such access or consider any request for correction, erasure and objection to process your personal data as it appears in our records are always subject to any exceptions under applicable and relevant laws and/or the DPA, its IRR and other issuances of NPC.
To cover for the cost of verifying a request for information and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested, we may charge you reasonable fees based on administrative costs.